Fire safety in kitchens is a necessity. Relying on portable fire extinguishers should never be the first step in your fire safety protocol when cooking. The best way to ensure fire safety in the kitchen is through deliberate preparation and precision-engineered products. The Fire Ready Range Hood has been engineered with features designed to make the experience for both installers and users intuitive, effortless, and practical.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Wet Chemical Fire Suppression System
- Full Monitored Control Package
- Electronic Fire Detection and Actuation
- Plug and Play
- Hood or Remote Mounted Touch Screen
- Range Disconnect (Electric and Gas Ranges)
- Audible Safety Alarm
- Flexible Fan with EC Motors
- Mesh Grease Filter
Click here for more details about the Fire Ready Range Hood System.
Watch this video on the Fire Ready Range Hood.
The Accurex Fire Ready Range hood has been completely redesigned for ease of install, simplified single-point operation, improved efficiency and new electronic fire system detection for use over residential ranges in commercial settings where the cooking is not-for-profit. Common examples include:
- Cooking Classrooms
- Places of Worship
- Military Housing
- College Dormitories
- Fire Stations
- Independent Senior Living Units
The Accurex Fire Ready Hood System is the ideal solution providing safety in seconds at locations such as these.
Read more about the Fire Ready Range Hood System.
ECM stands for “electronically commutated motor” which means a motor that uses electronic controls to vary its speed (variable speed motor). The use of ECM motor technology helps raise efficiency of equipment by maintaining the relationship between speed, torque and airflow in HVAC systems, therefore reducing operating costs.
Learn more about Constant Torque vs. Constant CFM ECM motors here.
ClimateMaster is excited to announce the most comprehensive offering of high-efficiency fan motor options in the commercial small packaged water source heat pump market. Constant torque, electronically commutated motors (ECM) are now standard options on commercial TC and TR unit sizes 006-060. Our new 3-tier motor offering provides the best opportunity to match the value to your specific job needs.
Units with EC motors have EER ratings up to 12% higher than units with standard PSC motors therefore conserving more energy and helping meet the latest building energy use requirements.
The constant torque ECM offers quiet and reliable service, with best-in-class energy efficiency. It can be a more economical EC fan motor option, when paired with our entry level CXM controls.
The Tranquility TY Series is one of the quietest two-stage units on the market and has one of the industry’s smallest footprints, making it suitable for tight spaces and for replacement/retrofit projects. Learn more about the TY Series here.
The Tranquility Compact (TC) Series is an extremely environmentally friendly single stage option that has one of the smallest cabinets in the industry and is designed to be backward compatible with older water-source heat pumps. Read more about one of the most innovative products available on the market here.
Click here to learn more about ClimateMaster.
Water condensation is easily the most common concern when discussing chilled beams and cooling panels. This concern comes from the personal experience many have had seeing water droplets form on the surface of piping such as a water coil.
When condensate forms it is too late to prevent the surface from becoming wet. The question, however, is how to prevent condensate from becoming a design flaw in the building.
The HVAC designer needs to verify that the ventilation system is capable of handling the latent load. Humidity loads that need to be addressed include:
- Ventilation Load: Generally the largest moisture load.
- Infiltration Load: Moisture that crosses the building shell.
- Occupant Load: As people breathe and perspire, moisture is released into the space.
- Other Loads: Fountains, doors and windows left open, wet clothing, etc.
To provide control of the air dew point and supply water temperature, several different control strategies are often used.
- Monitor the local dew point temperature.
- Monitor condensate on the chilled water supply (CHWS) piping.
- Reset the CHWS temperature based on outdoor conditions.
Often, a combination of these control strategies is used. Other considerations are the type of fresh air systems (DOAS), system response time, building start up, night setback and recovery after high humidity levels in the interior space.
Click here for additional information on preventing condensation.
Thermaduct is a pre-engineered duct system that incorporates the duct, insulation and cladding all in one high performance product. Thermaduct, the Rectangular Outdoor Solution, combines the best of air distribution technology with choice outdoor weather barrier to create a duct that offers the highest R value and lowest air leakage rates in the industry.
Other Thermaduct Products:
- InspiralR – Our UL Listed, Indoor Round Duct Solution, offers up to a 75% weight savings over traditional double wall spiral duct!
- Floval – Lightweight and space saving, this Flat Oval Solution is perfect for any indoor application that is tight on ceiling space!
Click here to read more about Thermaduct.
Introducing the new Round Thermaduct, Thermaround!
Offering the same great vinyl cladded protection as rectangular Thermaduct, Thermaround is an excellent solution for the outdoor elements. This high R-value system offers an R-12 insulated value and extremely low air leakage. Thermaround uses same UV stable 1000 micron vinyl cladding for a durable solution that will naturally shed water. In the interior, air passes over a smooth aluminum surface free from loose fibers to give your building better IAQ performance.
- Patented Product
- R12 Insulated Value
- 1000 Micron UV Stable Vinyl Cladding
- High Static Pressure Design
- Gored Elbows – No Need for Turning Vanes
- Low Air Leakage
- Simple Connection System for Easy Installation
Request more information about Thermaround here.
Energence® Ultra-High-Efficiency units deliver ultra innovation on every count and now up to 25 tons. This high-efficiency lineup features advanced blower and compressor technologies that allow the units to perform at optimal levels throughout the year, even in extreme weather conditions.This can translate to substantial operational cost savings over the life of the system.
- Ultra Efficient: The most efficient rooftop units in their class
- Up to 23.5 SEER, 15 EER, and 22 IEER – the highest on the market today
- Ultra Quiet: The quietest units in their class
- Generates sound levels as low as 73 dBA, delivering the ultimate in low-sound performance
- Ultra Lightweight: The lightest-weight units in their class
- Up to 47% lighter than competition
- Ultra Comfort
- Four stages of heat and modulating variable-speed technology provide enhanced comfort and dehumidification capabilities
- Environ™ Coil System: Provides a higher primary surface area than traditional round tubes, resulting in up to 52% less refrigerant required to achieve the same level of heat transfer
- Lennox’ MSAV® (multi-stage air volume) supply fan technology: Delivers year-round savings and comfort with improved fan and operational efficiency for a variety of operating modes.
- Prodigy® 2.0 Unit Controller: Enhanced interface that makes it easy to get the most out of Energence® high-efficiency rooftop units
- SunSource® Commercial Energy System: This factory-installed option makes Energence® the first and only commercial HVAC systems to integrate directly with solar power.
Learn more about Energence® Rooftop Unit features here.
The Price Engineer’s HVAC Handbook now offers PDH credits! You can earn Professional Development Hours while brushing up on air distribution principles and technology.
Earn credits for each of the 21 chapters. Simply read the chapter, complete the online quiz specific to the chapter’s content, and earn your credit!
The handbook is a 1,300 page comprehensive guide featuring industry knowledge including design examples with fully derived equations, informative research highlights and thousands of graphics.
To access a digital copy, sign up for personal access here.
The Price Engineer’s HVAC Handbook is a comprehensive guide to HVAC fundamentals, representing the accumulated knowledge and experience of hundreds of engineers related to the application of air distribution products. Its fusion of fundamental principles, ongoing research, and building design guidance make the Handbook a world class HVAC reference.
Click here to learn more about what the handbook offers.