Water condensation is easily the most common concern when discussing chilled beams and cooling panels. This concern comes from the personal experience many have had seeing water droplets form on the surface of piping such as a water coil.
When condensate forms it is too late to prevent the surface from becoming wet. The question, however, is how to prevent condensate from becoming a design flaw in the building.
The HVAC designer needs to verify that the ventilation system is capable of handling the latent load. Humidity loads that need to be addressed include:
- Ventilation Load: Generally the largest moisture load.
- Infiltration Load: Moisture that crosses the building shell.
- Occupant Load: As people breathe and perspire, moisture is released into the space.
- Other Loads: Fountains, doors and windows left open, wet clothing, etc.
To provide control of the air dew point and supply water temperature, several different control strategies are often used.
- Monitor the local dew point temperature.
- Monitor condensate on the chilled water supply (CHWS) piping.
- Reset the CHWS temperature based on outdoor conditions.
Often, a combination of these control strategies is used. Other considerations are the type of fresh air systems (DOAS), system response time, building start up, night setback and recovery after high humidity levels in the interior space.
Click here for additional information on preventing condensation.
The Mammoth Site of Hot Springs contains the largest concentration of Colombian mammoth and Woolly mammoth bones discovered intact in the world, and has been left untouched to this day.
Our mission is the preservation, research, and interpretation of The Mammoth Site of Hot Springs, South Dakota, and development of a broad understanding of the Quaternary record across a global framework.
– To provide comprehensive educational and public programming concerning the Quaternary record, with an emphasis on The Mammoth Site and surrounding northern Great Plains;
– To serve as a world-class center specializing in mammoth and Quaternary research;
– To investigate and interpret The Mammoth Site of Hot Springs, South Dakota;
– To protect, preserve, and manage collections housed at The Mammoth Site of Hot Springs, South Dakota;
– To foster global cooperative efforts in Quaternary research.
Click here to learn more about the MAMMOTH SITE OF HOT SPRINGS
The STULZ Cyberpack provides precise control for substantial savings on operational expenses with its 100% Air Economizer option including direct drive EC Motors for the supply & condenser fans. These units also have the capability of operating in ambient conditions from -30F to 115F.
- Up to two independently cooling circuits with highly reliable scroll compressors
- Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant
- -30°F to 115°F ambient operation (with optional flooded head pressure control)
- Functional operations: cooling, dehumidification and filtration
- EC (Electronically Commutated) Fans offer considerable energy cost savings and long life
- Fan speed is continuously adjustable via the system controller without the use of VFD’s
- 4” thick, MERV 7-13 cartridge air filters
- Advanced STULZ E² series microprocessor:
- Input/output monitoring status
- Full integrated control of cooling and dehumidification
- Full alarm system
- Multi-A/C unit control capability
- Remote communication with BMS
- Controller user interface display panel for ease of use
- 2 Year Warranty (with Factory Start Up)
Click here to learn more about the STULZ Cyberpack!
Click here to ‘Like’ us on Facebook!
ClimateCraft is a custom air handler manufacturer that has created BalanceStream technology. It has only one moving part, improves fan array system efficiency, and reduces maintenance and energy costs.
It solves many part load system operational problems and reduces system instability by eliminating fan surge.
Improved Operational Performance
- Eliminates the need for backdraft dampers and provides automatic shut-off in case of a fan failure.
- Improves overall system efficiency as it does not obstruct the fan intake; therefore, there are no associated intake losses or impact on operating BHP.
- Provides operational consistency by allowing fans to maintain high efficiency over the entire operating range.
- Solves part load system operational problems by:
- Allowing fans to provide controlled static pressure at flows down to 10% of design without cycling fans.
- Allows the fans to run stably and efficiently at part load flow at elevated static pressure.
- Completely eliminating the need to cycle fans; therefore, maintaining a consistent flow profile that is potentially lost when fans are cycled off.
Click here to watch a video about BalanceStream!
‘Like’ us on Facebook!
Schneider Electric’s sustainability and energy management software platform, StruxureWare Resource Advisor, along with its Energy Performance Services, received a Top Product of the Year Award in the Energy Manager Today Awards.
“One judge said of Resource Advisor, ‘Schneider’s Performance Analytics brings context to energy and sustainability information for users at multiple levels in an organization. This system uses core energy data and slices and dices it through its powerful energy intelligence engine recognizing trends and identifying opportunities for energy reduction’.”
Facts to think about from Schneider:
- The Internet of Things can help us better manage assets and deliver self-healing networks.
- Urbanization trends require cities to become smarter or risk falling behind in the global landscape.
- Cloud and mobile pervasiveness is forcing businesses to rethink strategies for customer engagement.
- Global enterprises leverage predictive analytics to unlock information for better decision making.
- Organizations must find every possible efficiency opportunity to curb rising energy demand.
- Digitization increases our ability to see and react to real-time data, maximizing our productivity.
Click here to view the article about Schneider Electric!
Click here to read more about Schneider Electric!
This universal remote is a low-cost, touch-screen thermostat available exclusively from Specified Controls & Climate Systems. The thermostat can be battery powered or hardwired which makes it ideally suited for use in residential and light commercial applications.
It is designed to work with single stage or multi-stage HVAC .systems, as well as heat pumps and hybrid (Dual Fuel) having up to 3 heating and 2 cooling stages. Climate Syste,brms offers these as stocked thermostats and can have your personalized logo stenciled on them at no additional cost.
• Battery powered or hardwired
• Manual or auto changeover
• Programmable or non-programmable
• Selectable 5+1+1, 5+2 or 7-Day programming
• Up to 2H/2C gas/electric or 3H/2C heat pump or dual fuel
• Selectable keypad function locks
• Selectable Adaptive Recovery (programmable mode)
• Adjustable heating and cooling setpoint limits
• Outdoor temperature display (optional sensor required)
• Temperature averaging (with optional sensors)
• Short cycle protection
• 1-12 hour selectable override (1 hour increments)
• Programmable Fan option
• Adjustable stage differentials
• Continuous or intermittent back light option
Click here to visit our products page!
Click here to ‘Like’ us on Facebook!
“Specified Controls is a manufacturer of high-quality commercial HVAC controls. We specialize in zoning, thermostats and unique controls for the plan and specification market.”
Specified Controls and Climate Systems is offering an affordable alternative to higher cost VAV systems and there is no programming. This commercial zone control system allows a single HVAC unit to have up to 20 individual zones.
Each zone is controlled by its own space thermostat and a modulating zone damper or diffuser. The system works with single-stage, multi-stage, or heat pump systems and has an auxiliary heat control option for each zone.
Click here to visit the specified controls website!
Click here to visit the Climate Systems website!
Big news for 2016! The Kelley HVLS fans brand will be changing to Entrematic Fans. The actual product and manufacturing will not change, but the current industrial fan models will now be called Entrematic I-Class. Entrematic is also launching a new commercial HVLS fan model named C-Class.
- Optimized 5-Blade profile for low speed rotary airfoil application and near ground effect
- ETL certified to UL-507
- Wireless Controls
- Reverse capability
- Capability to shut down with the fire system
- Suitable for indoor and many outdoor applications
- Suitable for ceilings as low as 12 feet
- Less than 35 dBA
- Easy customization of fan to fit customers applications (powder coating options)
- Light weight
- Energy efficient
- Remote or integral Controls Module
- Patent-pending design includes unique winglet and innovative snap on blade attachment
To learn more, visit the recently launched new website.
To visit the Climate Systems website, click here.
Price’s new High Efficiency Fan Filter lowers energy consumption by 15 to 50%
compared to other products. It is specifically designed for use in cleanrooms, pharmacies,
pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and laboratories. Enjoy high airflow capacity, a
roomside removable filter and more with this new product!
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
• High Airflow Capacity
• Roomside Removable
• High Energy Efficiency
• Versatile Motor Programs
• Ultimate Control and
Monitoring via BACnet
• Instant Filter and Motor
• Quick and Easy
Click here to visit our products page!
Click here to learn more about Price’s new fan filter!
Available to all Schneider Electric Buildings partners, Wiser Air is a smart thermostat that packs a powerful punch of innovation in residential and small business.
- No recurring fees or dues
- Wi-Fi enabled for remote access and control (no additional gateway needed)
- Quick connect terminals
- Program four events/day, every day
- Filter reminder
- Integrated weather data on the thermostat & apps
- Extreme weather alerts
- Temperature, light, motion, and humidity sensors
- LED ‘halo’ glows to indicate heating or cooling mode
- Huge 3.5″ capacitive touchscreen, “like a smartphone on the wall”
- Patented Comfort Boost™
- Apps for Apple / iOS & Android – Windows Mobile coming soon
- Zigbee compatible – coming soon
- Self-learning and thermal profile – coming soon
- Open ADR with opt-in/out – coming soon
Click here to view more products from Climate Systems!